View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E150GT View Post
I googled hipster. I must say I do like a lot of things they like.

I love my bicycle, although its no single speed. I despise single speeds.

I do love to listen to some obscure stuff. Daniel Johnston is the shiz. Chile has some good musicians too. I love Javiera Mena. My favorite lesbiana.

I also like PBR, although I prefer lonestar.
This reminds me of an amusing incident with a single speed no brakes bike a buddy of mine borrowed from a hipster friend of his. Evidently he was enjoying the bike until he started to decend quite a steep hill in the city. He started to pick up more and more speed, and he didn't have the leg strength to slow himself down. Unfortunately the hill has one intersection in the middle with a traffic light, and two more at the bottom, before dumping you in the center of town, with lots of lights and congestion.

It was blind luck that he rocketed through all 3 intersections without being killed by cars, and was eventually able to stop himself right before a 4 lane intersection. He said he got off the bike and nearly fainted and took a bit to recover from desperately trying to push back against the pedals, then he walked it back to who he borrowed it from, and never touched a direct gear again