View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colincoon View Post
Had an incident on my mothers 300E yesterday where the flex disc failed. Luckily it held together enough for her to get to the dealership first thing this morning, but unfortunately that meant a $458 repair bill

I'm 2+ hours away and she needed a car immediately so I forced her to go to the dealership. Of course her not understanding how major a flex disc failure is she wanted to wait until I could do it

So if you haven't checked your flex disc recently, do it and replace it. Especially if your wife/girlfriend/mother/SO/child/whoever is driving the car.
that's not a terribly awful price... pia job that i had an indy do... he had to pull off part of the exhaust system to do the front one.. and something with the drive shaft had to be done out of house....pressing on something.. I can't believe I can't remember... it seems the job cost 300 and i supplied both flex disks... the front was shot... but the back was ok

1997 s320 154k (what a ride). Sold with 179k miles. Replaced with Hyundai Equus

1994 e320 Cabriolet 108k

1972 280se 4.5 153k Owned for 12 yrs, sorry I sold it

[/SIGPIC]