View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Dieselicious

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
I would think the seller is contractually bound to honour the first assigned agreement. Have your lawyer tell them you are not tire kicking. Just want to engage the original agreements terms as is normal and contractually agreed to. You might have to threaten to sue to get them enacted. Or I am missing something.

What I am not missing right now is due diligence by the buyer will have to be really done well. If you still want the property. In a way the locking you and/or the inspector out on an agreed contractural inspection day may already. be a breech of contract by the seller.

There may be a disaster with the property as the seller wants you to agree basically the house is as is other than it has been cleaned. Anything negative found could not be applied then.

In simple terms the new agreement is a potential downhill ride. What is with your realtor? You need a lawyer familiar with your venue now to move forward. It almost seems like an attempt to tie up or seize your deposit as well. Do not sign anything further now without a lawyer looking it all over. This smells in too many ways. .
X2 I'm in total agreement.

OP, There was a definitive move on the part of the seller to deny you access to the house to perform your inspection. They are very likely hiding something, or are fearful you will discover more than they disclosed. Termites and other wood destroying organisms (carpenter ants, carpenter bees, etc) can have already done immense internal damage to the structure that is not at all visible. It may have a dozen golf balls flushed down every one of the toilets by toddlers & causing plumbing backups frequently. A previous rodent problem may have left feces/urine/hair/animal dander in the walls, wreaking havoc on your allergies. Previous water leaks causing mold to flare up whenever the humidity spikes. There is all sorts of things that can be wrong with this or any house really.

Unless you are getting this house for a screaming deal, like less than 30 cents on the dollar, I would run, not walk, away. It also sounds like your "buyers agent" is either inexperienced, incompetent or is super lazy if he/she isnt explaining all this to you in minute details. Just my 2 cents.
1978 300 CD
1962 220-S Fintail - awaiting restoration