View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 11:12 AM

No intention on reviving an old thread, but to shed light for those seeking answers. In my case the hard code was P0404 and soft code 2511-001 "Check Component Y27/9 Left EGR Positioner - Positioner Signal Fault (only readable with STAR) So I am using my post from another forum in case it can help someone else here. I will continue to monitor my EGR valve to account the mileage/duration of this which I believe may just be a temporary fix)

Today was a good MB day. This morning I set out to take the EGR valve out to clean it. Fearing the worst (valve beeing stuck) as I was told by others that it would be a nightmare.
Couldn't have been easier, took off the 2 torx and grabbed it with my hand, rocked it back and forth a couple of times and carefully pulled it out, easy piece
I removed the side plastic cover, both inside and out were covered in dry soot, when actuating the valve by hand, it would get stuck in the open position and not return which I think it may have been the reason why it was going into limp mode.
Cleaned the valve thoroughly with carb cleaner and then lubed the valve stem and shaft and put it back on. I took the car for a test ride, no more limp mode no more soft code:y
After putting the cover back on I drove it again and scanned it (DAS) PERFECT!

After that I cleaned and lubed the sunroof which would not open since I got it
To finish the day I fixed the glove compartment damper. The door/lid would just drop in a free fall and bounce a few times when I pressed the unlock button, that was an easy fix as well.

Bonus of the day? I got to play with my new DAS/Xentry

By Land:
2005 E320 CDI (Unnamed as of yet)
2011 Toyota Tundra DC limited 4x4 "Big Red"
1965 euro import VW Beetle "Mojo"
By Sea:
22' Grady White Seafarer "SeaSun Pass"