View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:33 PM

Radio turns on when left turn signal turned on (after turning itself off)??

I have posted about this in my other (turn signal not working thread), but this is a new issue, so starting a new thread.

As my other thread mentions my left turn signal suddenly stopped working (correctly). The passenger side always works fine, but there are times the driver side will give a few off-tempo flashes then will not come on at all, then today there were times it was working fine.

Well today was the first time I had the car on the road in about a year other than driving it home from shop last week and signal was working fine. I used the radio today and it kept turning off on its own after about 2 or 3 minutes. I tried it like 4 times, did the same thing. I finally left it off (without pushing button off) and when I turned on the left turn signal, the radio turned back on! This went on for awhile. Then my next trip out, the radio worked fine, but the signal never did. The problem seems to be connected. I pray it is not the main wiring harness (engine harness has already been replaced). If it is the main harness starting to fail, I am doomed and this car will need to be traded in on something or sold.

Any clues as to what this may be? It is going to a MB mechanic on Wednesday for some other things, but wanting to get some info here if anyone may have any suggestions.

Thanks!