View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob338 View Post
I'm sure the OP is talking about the E250 with the 4 cylinder. I had one of the E350 BlueTec's, among the first to come out in 2011, with the 6 cylinder. I ordered the Sport Suspension, and what a ride that was. I put near 50K miles on it before I got rid of it and never had one single solitary problem with anything. Great car, but too much car to go to the grocery store and back, and way too big for my taste, but the handling was terrific though some would say a bit stiff with that suspension. I got one of the first GLK250 BlueTec's and at almost one year old I've come closer to true love than I did with the E350. Still prefer to drive my 190D, and I thinks it's as good as those other two, or better. Have yet to decide if I'll keep the GLK long term, but I know I'll keep the 190D!
I had the luxury of shopping for a period of a couple years, ALL the used diesel W211s and W212s before deciding on the early, I6 W211. After owning a bought-new and owned 14-years W210 diesel (sig) and contrasting/comparing the experience and the value over buying new, it was a no-brainer which to do - buy used. I don't lease cars/SUVs/trucks as some are locked into doing, so I have the freedom of choice there too. The new diesel E250s and GLK250s were so out-of-the-question for me to get value out of buying new, that I kept coming back to the (IMO) supreme-value of the past 12-years, and that was the 05/06 E320 CDIs. Which is what I very happily paid a pittance for versus the $50K+ 2013/14 diesel E250/GLKs. What I drive now suits my needs to a "T." I'm once again, a very happy buyer of the used MB diesels, versus the new ones.