View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Condensate Drain Fix - W123 300D

I read posts here about the flimsy foam tube M-B used for the condensate drain, which falls apart. I found mine about gone in my 1985 300D. Some have used heater hose, others made a funnel from the top of a plastic bottle. I first tried the heater hose, but even silicone hose was too tight and stiff to easily work it onto the plastic drain stub.

I read about a plumbing fitting, so tried the one shown from Home Depot. You find it next to the garbage disposals, for connecting the dishwasher hose. Cost ~$3 and fits like an O.J. glove. After the photo (from driver's side foot-well), I stuffed foam insulation around it to keep out engine fumes and noise. Note that in the 82-85 300D, there is a single drain in the middle of the box, which drains onto the tranny. I read that a 300SD has a drain at each end, which is a longer foam tube w/ spring. Those tend to fall apart easier and cause leaks to the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Condensate Drain Fix - W123 300D-dishwasher-garbage-disposal-adapter-hose.jpg   Condensate Drain Fix - W123 300D-fitting-drain-stub.jpg