View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Moved: OM617 Pistons Group 0,1,2

Hi, originally posted in tech, completely missed the "diesel" section.. new to the forum. Simple question

In reference to the shop manual for my 1982 OM617, It shows pistons with "groups", labeled 0,1,2. Are these the oversize variations? 0 being standard...1..then 2.. etc? The reason why I ask, is my new to me engine (I bought in pieces has 3 pistons labeled 0 and two pistons labeled 1. Is this kosher? It was supposed to have been rebuilt, and it looks like it has (cylinder walls fresh cross hatched..etc) The engine had been run a couple times then stored for about 10 years before I bought it. Thats why I've torn it down to inspect and clean before building it back up. I was thinking about re-ringing it (flywheel wasn't indexed so I might have to pull the crank anyway) but in looking at rings I only see standard... are they going to fit my two pistons with the "1" designation? Sorry, a little bit green at this.

Thanks for any help!

http://www.furi-dorifto.com/tech/MB_w124_Manual/W126/w126CD1/program/Engine/617/03-316-1.pdf