View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLou View Post
Duckinator, vstech,

Sorry if I'm slightly threadjacking here, but I'm onto roughly the same job.

Since post above, I've verified that my transmission yoke/nut are not loose. The small amount of play I feel at the yoke is in the output shaft itself. So, how worried should I be? From drawings I've been able to find, it doesn't look like there's an easily-replace-able bearing right under the output shaft seal - can someone verify this? Is a small amount of play considered normal?

I won't be able to replace the trans output seal for the next few weeks at least, so trying to get ducks in a row. My trans uses that dreaded 12-point nut, so have to find that socket - anybody?

Related: In replacing the driveshaft center bearing/bearing bracket, I don't find any circlip - nor even an groove where one might be missing from! Is this AOK on a 126? Other threads here - on 124s, as I recall - show the circlip.
Pfft, the 12point nut is NOT the dreaded one, that's a simple deep 12 point 30mm socket... 6.00 at Sears etc...
The DREADED nut is the one at the beginning of this thread... Them notches need the special socket...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!