View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shertex View Post
Love the ad. Between you and Quahog (and my occasional modest contributions), RI forum members have a great sense of humor, don't we?

What is it about women wanting to sit high above the traffic?? My wife is the same way.

we have to have personality to make up for our Napoleon complex.

I think the height thing is a real help for tailgating, it just doesnt feel as bad like people are coming in your back window. My wife is a good driver but when cut off or tailgated she is very passionate about gestures and screaming at other drivers.

I have observed this behavior and have noticed that in cooler temps, she doesnt do it.

In a car with no air conditioning, she has the windows open and is free to express herself on a second by second basis. This wagon is also very distinctive and memorable, and as you know, the entire state is very much a small town, so the A-hole you call an A-hole on tuesday might be the A-hole who tailgates you on thursday. I don't want any next day road rage situations where party B in the nondescript unrecognizable beige sedan recognizes party A in the vintage purple benz wagon, and does something.

A more nondescript generic vehicle with working air conditioning and higher up so she doesn't feel like people are driving in her back window is I think the solution. I found a 99 explorer that is nice, but forgettable to other drivers, and the windows will be up with the A/C on, a frank exchange of opinion is not going to be as instant.