View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 02:45 PM

No fuel to injectors...please help

A few weeks ago while driving on the highway my return fuel hose broke causing the fuel system to suck air and stall. After some scavenging and replumbing I was able to start the car and drive it a little ways further, but it stalled again. This time I could not start due to a drained battery. AAA picked me up charged the battery and I started and drove without issue for 50 plus miles. Car sat for 1 1/2 weeks. I then replaced the fuel hoses and used the hand primer to bleed air. I think I got most of it. I started, it ran for a minute, then sputtered and died. Seemed like fuel starvation. I could not get a complete start after that regardless of hand primer use. I since have changed the secondary fuel filter ( primary is clean) verified lift pump is working ( although possibly slowly?) by pulling the hose going to filter and cranking to see fuel coming from hose. Checked and cleaned all three banjo bolts / connections on IP and filter head, confirmed glow plugs are good ( 4 of 5 anyway) and cracked injector lines. There is no fuel seeping from the hard lines at the injectors when cranked. SO... I pulled the vac shutoff hose...Verified the pressure relief spring and ball on the rear of the IP was intact. no change. I suppose it is possible that some hose debris or other got into the IP intake. Maybe the IP has failed. I'm not sure how to test or remedy either of these issues. Any help diagnosing and fixing the issue is greatly appreciated. 1984 300tdt
1987 Anthracite Grey 300SDL - ?