View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 04:58 PM

'93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP

After starring at the bolt in the back that you can't get to for nearly 2 weeks, thinking how can I get it out, I finally figured it out. I couldn't get the ALDA off, I didn't want to remove the intake and what not. I had the metal one, surely aftermarket, and don't even know if the bolts were correct. The only thing left I thought of was trying a OFFSET 10mm wrench that I didn't have (like how often you use these!). A quick trip down to Harbor F. I got a complete set for 12 bucks. Theirs are 60 degrees offset, which was exactly what I needed. There was JUST ENOUGH room to set it down in and thank god it was a 12 point. I managed to get it out, FINALLY! Installing the OEM plastic (CORRECT) one, was kinda daunting also. The bolt tops were / are too close to the body, which made it harder to get it tightened down. I never seen something so nuts, finally got done. Now when I turn the car off it's OFF like NOW!
Attached Thumbnails
'93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP-imag0445.jpg   '93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP-imag0432.jpg   '93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP-imag0456.jpg   '93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP-imag0447.jpg   '93~300D~2.5~finally replaced the vacuum box / stop switch at the IP-offset-wrenches.jpg