View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM

My daily driver (1998 E300D) is on its last winter (due to body rust, not mechanical issues) and the whole daily-driven car is for sale. Ideally, I'd keep driving it through this one last winter (once it's rusty, might as well drive the value out of it), but if you're interested in buying the whole car, we can certainly talk.

It's nhdoc's old car (pic is in his profile); he maintained it well, sold it to me 5 years ago with 180K miles on it when it started to show some rust for a second time after he'd already painted it once, and it now has ~215K miles on it. Runs great. Glows plugs are all fall 2011 after two failed in rapid succession.

If you were going to try to drive it (rather than use the parts), it would need an exhaust repair and unfortunately quite a bit of body rust repair. If you're going to use it for parts, the engine and trans are good, brakes and other mechanicals are good, and maybe the hood and truck lids are usable, but all the fenders are bad and the right rocker box needs attention.

If you're near New England, you can think of it as a self-shipping engine. Fly into Boston and drive it home to part it out.

I don't spend a lot of time on the MB forums, but my dad does (sokoloff), so if you don't get a reply from me, hopefully he'll see it and let me know.

Last edited by jim-sokoloff; 10-09-2014 at 09:32 AM.