View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 PM

New to R129, and Need Some Direction

I purchased an R129 (1998) approximately a month ago (44,000 miles, pano, heated seats, xenon's) that did not come with an owner’s manual which I did find used on eBay, as well as the service manual in a digital format. I have been able to get the CD to partially work on a windows 7 machine but some portions of the CD are not functioning properly, particularly the electronic trouble shooting section. I have also been doing global searches for my issues but find nothing that matches. I’m not completely inexperienced with MBZ’s 3 sedans and also have a 107.

Issues:
1) I replaced the battery (it was original) and did (or so I thought) followed the instructions to re-sync the (new from a dealer) remotes, etc. several times but find that what I believe should happen with the remotes does not. My understanding is that the windows should open slightly when exiting the car to prevent damage to the door frames? This is not happening and I am manually lower the windows slightly upon ingress and egress.

2) I also believe (possibly mistakenly) that when accessing the car with the remotes I should be able to hold a button on the remote and have the windows and/or trunk open which is nonfunctional as well.

3) Additionally and possibly connected is the trunk release button on the dash. The red light on this button is lighted and the button is nonfunctional as well.

If my understanding/assumptions are incorrect please let me know. On my next day off I’m planning on checking all fuses, etc. but suspect that the fuse has blown for a reason and replacement will only result in the same blown fuse without resolving the problem. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tim