View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepstar View Post
i came here to ask about this same product. i just filled up in oakland today where i used to get b20. i was kinda angry at first because i thought it was some gimmicky way of saying D2 but apparently its "biodiesel" made from animal fats ? i put it in a 617 which can run on anything so im not worried about that, but im interested to see whether it provides more power than biodiesel and/or if it maintains the smooth and quiet running effects.
Good to see I'm not the only one trying this stuff. Please update with your impressions after a few miles.

The only noticible difference is the engine is extremely smooth after a cold start. It was 45f this morning and usually I get a bit more vibration after the first minute of running at this temp. This morning, nothing. Dead smooth from the moment I turned the key. I can't seem to find specifications for this particular fuel but one web site claims hydrotreated biomass diesel is 80+ cetane If thats true it would exceed even the best biodiesel. I'm going to contact the seller for a data sheet.

I took some comparison pics of 100% petro diesel (left, yellow) and biomass diesel (right, clear).
petro diesel vs biomass based diesel - Album on Imgur

Last edited by tjts1; 02-15-2015 at 03:30 AM.