View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
At the upper end of the motor/motor bracket (visible in your third thumbnail) there is a triangle (about 2" on a side) of bolts and/or studs & nuts. Even with the low resolution of the thumbnails I think that the bolt in the upper point of the triangle can be seen. In any case, put a mirror behind the aluminum regulator frame where the motor is attached to it. The blind end of the bolts/nuts will be visible in the mirror. Since the glass is up, the bolts/nuts are accessible; albeit in tight quarters.
thank you frank! today i was able to detach the motror from the gears. indeed there were three bolts, and once they were removed motor pulled right off. confirmed motor is dead by reconnecting it to the wires, because i thought maybe regulator was jammed. but regulator seems fine, nothing from the motor.

so i went to four salvage yards, removed three door panels from 560sels, but motors looked different, and seemed to have different part numbers. tried to remove one anyway, just to see if maybe it would work, but couldn't get bolts removed for some reason.

so now i'm going to try to take apart my existing motor, and see if it can be reconditioned. i have never worked on a motor before. if i can't make any progress i will see about having it professionally reconditioned, if that's even a thing.

last option will be to buy new or used motor online. it's passenger front if anyone has one!