View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 01:42 AM

So you have a bunch of knuckleheads. I'm sure someone else that does this will come along. Personally I think it's super cool. May have to look into it with my new car. Curious if it is expensive to get done. Ill check it out. Got awhile. Maybe I'll make a new thread to learn. We do lab tests with plants to watch stuff like our nitrate levels. Gotta hit the magic number.

To just pull stuff out of my a**, I would look at the wear parts and composition. Whatever has the highest percentage of chromium seems like the ticket. Like if the rings are 60%, but the crank and rod bearings are 90%, I would assume there. As your other wear metals seem normal, they say.

I had a crank below minimum, and a well trusted knowledgable guy talked about having it "re chromed." I believe the cam also. Excuse my ignorance but does this motor have hydraulic lifters? Maybe take a look to make sure they aren't freezing up or not rotating and dishing on the top. If it had hydraulic the mileage is perfect for a dirty clogged up lifter. Totally easy to clean, if you have a spare 15 hours [emoji23]

What are he other wear metals in the sample?

Brought to you by Carls Jr.