View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 04:21 AM

Update:

The update for today is that I removed the glove box and found the LaserLine control box in there. It has been temporarily disconnected. There was also a cylinder in the left side of the glove box where it appears one would insert a key and that key would do something....but I don't know and the keys I have don't fit it. It is also disconnected.

I was hoping this would be the end of my problems. After disabling those items, I let the car run for 15 minutes then drove it for 30 minutes, some of that at motorway speeds. My hope was this would give the battery a decent charge. Charging it via the alternator is no substitute for charging it on a battery charger, but I was hoping for the best.

This morning I turned the key and it barely turned over, but it did start relatively quickly. The ABS light stuck on brightly, then it dimmed, then it went off. The wiper came on by itself and did a few swipes then turned off.

Do I perhaps have water somewhere it shouldn't be that is causing these electrical gremlins?

I did look under the rear seats, and sure enough under the driver's side rear seat water has infiltrated under the vacuum pump that controls the door locks. I'm fairly certain it's from the compromised rear window seals that permit water to leak down into various compartments. I digress....

1982 240D LHD/RHD & 300TD LHD / 1983 300SD LHD / 1986 300SDL LHD / 1992 300TD RHD / 1998 C250 TD RHD

www.repaircafeglasgow.org