View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:56 AM

Checklist to check window regulator failure

Hi all,

I am just working through all of the small issues on my W210, one of them is an issue with the windows. The rear windows seem to work fine, its just the front windows that have an issue.

Where is the fuse located for the windows - I have a feeling it might be a loose/blown fuse as I found that this was the case with the central locking as well. I have so far found 3 fuse boxes in the car, one in the engine bay, one in the side of the dash under a cover and then there is the one under the rear seats.

If there isn't an issue with the fuse/contacts, what should I look to do as a check list of other things before I start taking door cards off etc. I know that the front windows have worked however they aren't now.

I have also found that for the rear windows, if you press the button all the way down it does nothing, however if you half press the button it does work. My guess is on a fuse for the window control system - or are the windows Pneumatic like the central locking?