View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Gary Scarsella

Once I removed the spring and valve, I got fuel to flow. Boy am I relieved about that! I'm still trying to invent my own procedure using my Heise digital pressure equipment though. There are definite pressure decreases and increases noted as I rotated the crank. Pressure was high until I reached about 40 degrees BTDC then it dropped to zero. As I approached injection point, I noticed just a few mm pressure increase until 24 degrees then it was full pressure. This was way cool to see-- now I have to figure how that correlates to the precise timing point. I definitely appreciate npnye's advice and I am considering having a trained tech time it until I learn more about the injection process. I am curious about what damage is seen when the timing is not correct. Once I get this thing put back together, running, and passing the emmission test, I will be happy. Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm sure I'll have many more questions to ask. My goal is to be a respected senior member like the others on this site.