Thread: Non Ethanol gas
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrvergnugen View Post
Very interesting; that's not what I remember their owners' manuals and training saying... However, you Did see all the provisions and warnings it gives, correct? ANY time you get fuel with ethanol, you have No Idea what the mixture actually is.
Yep, I saw the warnings. Make sure the fuel's fresh and not separated and all that, all of which I wholeheartedly agree with.............and which I've not had a single problem with.

Ethanol mix in your area might differ from tank to tank and station to station, but around here it's been consistent. Pretty sure by law it must be 10% and that such things are tracked just as carefully as all the other aspects of gasoline.

I run a Stihl year-round supplying firewood for the house. Tune by ear, so it's four stroking at WOT out of the cut and smooths out when the chain hits the wood. I haven't noticed any difference and haven't had to retune in several years despite buying two stroke gas year round. This would seem to indicate no great difference in fuels.