View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceMan View Post
Chiming with with a small update:

First let me say thank you each and everyone of you for your suggestions and information. It's been a big help already. I appreciate you all.

I found out a bit more information on the car's story although I have yet to confirm it's accuracy. From what I've been told the car experienced a small fire in the trunk in the early 70s. I do not know to what extent and if the cosmetic damage was repaired or not because I haven't been able to start clearing stuff out yet to get better access to the car. It's literally buried with stuff all around it, lucky very little stuff on top of It though. The owner who had the fire issue sold it non-running to its last registered owner, whom had hopes of fixing all issues but never had the time before his health turned for he worse. The car sat parked outside until around 77-78. He did have the car running and drove it about 2 miles to it's current location where it has sat untouched since.

I have the title issue nearly resolved and so far all is looking well. Once the title is clear I will start moving the stuff from around it and be able to tell more about its condition and hopefully be able to check to see if the motor is locked up or not.

Also, the tires are of course totally flat after all these years so before moving it I may try to swap out the tires (if I can get the car safely jacked up a bit) for some that will hold air to ease in the moving process.

So for now we're on a short hold, but as I progress I will be sharing photos here in this thread.

Also hopefully I can soon get some engine/chassis numbers and a definite year of production for it. Do you guys know if the MB Classic Center has the ability to give any known history on the car with those numbers? It would be great to maybe find out where it was originally delivered to and any other tidbits.
At one time the Classic Center would provide you with what was called the cars 'Birth Certificate' but I understand they no longer do this. This consisted of a lot of paperwork but what most folks wanted was a copy of the original window sticker.

But window stickers were not a required thing until after the passage of the 'Monroney Sticker' law in 1958. So before then window stickers like we know today did not exist.

And if the car was special ordered it likely would not have had one even after the passage of the law.

There would be a data card, and you might be able to find this in the car tucked in the springs under the front passenger seat, but it will be fragile and hard to read.

But there is a lot of info out there about these cars now, so once you post the VIN there is a good chance you will get a lot of info from those of us that have these resources or know where to find them.