View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Be SURE to price around as I use All Star Glass , $200 installed , Safelight wanted $500 ! .

Most important is to buy a new ORIGINAL M-B grommet ~ the Uro ones leak and don't last .

If your local M-B Dealer gives you the Okey-Doke on the grommet , contact the Mercedes Classic Center , they have them in stock and will ship to your home , do this before you make the Appt. to have it replaced .

Be sure to get the clear one , most glass shops automatically order in the shaded one , unless you're under 5'5" you'll be looking right through the shading , not a good thing at night .

Have some foamy cleaner and clean rags or towels handy when they remove the old glass , _you_ are the only one who will clean the setting point properly ~ they'll either use dirty rags or worse , a WIRE BRUSH , guaranteed to scratch the pint and cause rust .

Thanks for the input, I am in socal as well - did you go to a particular All Star Glass location? Also from what I can tell the 126 1981 300sd does not have a grommet?