View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutsutraw View Post
So, this car is still new to me and I'm working things out slowly. I had something very odd happen to me the other day.

I was driving down the road (this car has a 2 tank veggie system) and pulled into the gas station. The night before, I had filled up the diesel tank to the brim. So, I walk inside the station, come back out and see something leaking all over the ground - it's diesel fuel. It's pouring out like crazy! I go around and pull the cap off the fuel tank and it just shoots diesel fuel from out of the tank all over me! Extremely under pressure and I don't know why. Has this happened to anyone else before or know what causes this?
How much diesel did the engine consume since filling the tank to the brim and you noticed it leaking? With a proper operating tank vent, that should not have happened. If your 2 tank VO system is not operating properly, it could be returning VO to the wrong tank (diesel tank) causing the leak you described. You may want to check it out. One easy way I can think of to do that is to fill the diesel tank almost to the brim (where you can see the fuel in the filler neck), then idle it in veg while watching the diesel tank filler neck level. It should not rise. If it does, you are returning VO to the diesel tank (purging) when it is not supposed to.