View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Benz Mondi

Confused?

Sorry, I'm confused by your description. When you depress the button and release it after 4 seconds, it should only blink once to let you know that all is well with the smog system. That is the only system that the push button checks. If it blinks more than once, note the number of times it blinked, repeat holding down the button for 4 seconds and see if the number of times it blinked changed. This tells you that there's another issue. If it only blinks once or it repeats the same number of blinks again, this tells you at the DC has completed it evaluation of that circuit.

To assess the condition of the other circuits, you must first look to see what holes have contacts in them to plug your reader pins into. Not every hole in the 16-pin has a contact which enables monitoring. In mine, I only have 3 holes with contacts. Repeat the same process with each new applicable hole. Remember, if it only blinks once, the DC is telling you that there are no issues with that circuit.

You said that your car runs fine. Why do you think that DC should be giving you any codes?

Prior: 85 190E, 88 300TE, 89 300TE, 90 300E 2.6, 90 300TE, 92 300E 2.6, 91 and 93 300SL, 87 Ferrari Mondial Cabrio