View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 07:43 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang View Post
No one is saying leave the condenser clogged or unclean.
No one is saying the condenser does not need great air across it.. by fan or forced air by moving forward.

But the idea that CLEANING the hair off the evaporator .... bringing it back to its NEW condition..... will kill it... or be in ANY way detrimental to the AC does not make sense unless you attach the implication that one ( me ) is saying ignore the cleanliness of the condenser ... which I HAVE NEVER SAID....
I said that the condenser is easy to clean relative to the evaporator and people need to address the evaporator cleaning because both finned items in the AC are critical....
I gotcha. a clean evaporator is very important to get the cabin cooling as it should.

the only reason I kept explaining in more and more detail about the system pressures was for 134, the condenser is SOOOOO important.

with R12, not as important. lower pressures, and lower dissipation and pressure on the compressor issues.

I actually think that with a dirty evaporator, and condenser, putting in R134 is a death sentence. because it's nearly impossible to properly charge the system for correct heat transfer without blowing out the condenser lines...

if you get the evaporator spotless you would have a much better time, as the airflow would allow the system to function without liquid buildup...
cleaning the condenser or replacing it with a parallel flow gets the heat under control, and bobs your uncle. cool air.

115F temps... No thank you.

CERTAINLY not with NC humidity! I'd need the a/c system running perfect, and a window unit in each window cooling the car...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!