View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashman
my 1992 300CE M104 34v with first gear start and 3.07 rear end, does 65 mph at around 2700 - 3000 rpm

To me the revs seem a little high, except when you mash the pedal at 65 and you are just entering the torque band. then the car just shines.

Alon
Yes this is how mine is. I have been told a whole ton of things about the rear ratio on my car. I always thought it cruised at rpms that seemed a little high for the freeway but I figured it was normal. My car is at 2800rpms for 60, 3000 at 65 and 3600 at 80. It redlines out at about 6450rpms at 144-5mph. I have told this to a few people and they said that it was odd and that I must have a 3.27 rear axle. Now as far as I know, these were not an option for my car, only for the TE's and being the second owner of the car, I have not modified any gearing or tire sizing. This still remains confusing to myself whether it's normal or not.

Also I have heard about a more aggressive cam on the earlier models. I don't know which year they extended to but apparently they have a higher lift. Also I heard a rumor about a bit different exaust setup on the earlier to newer ones, I was told that the newer ones had more restirtive. I haven't had this confirmed though so it may just be talk.