View Single Post
Old 07-19-2000, 10:08 PM
Leon Hernandez

Good question, long story.Inj. on #3 cyl. would not even dribble. Got a used one and got it calibrated. (Atlanta-Stuttgart;didn't wanna pay 999.00 fer a refurb. cause gonna sell. repair almost equal to value of car? close )So, a local foreign car tech did the work. 100 mi. to Houston had no means to haul up there. Hindsite yep shudda dun it, but...... If there is no remedy this may be over my head it's driveable but got an injector maybe not popping as it should. Runs rich(?)(blue smoke)So, now I can drive it and have the inj. and shut off looked at. Even though the compressor locked up (don't know how it was wotking when I took it to them)It's a gonner, don't have room for three. Man it sure gets up and go up to 100 in a little bit. AND all the clatter almost went away except for a faint clatter (maybe the bad inj.?) Well Benzman you I my hat off to you pros, thought I was a good DIY'er but for me this sure has upped the stakes a bit.!

quote:
Originally posted by Benzmac:
You are loosing vacuum somewhere. Why did you have the injection pump taken out??