Thread: Fuses
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 PM

There is also pointed Buss type Fuses. Don't know if they would work better or not.

I have pulled some pointed buss fuses from Volvos in the Junk Yard. There is a thread somewhere that gives a place to order them from but that was like 5 years ago.

I found this im my notes: Pointed Fuses bus Type Pointed Fuses post #3
http://www.mbca.org/forum/replacement-fuses

"Buss Fuses post #3
There is a third choice if dependability is more important to you than originality. Buss fuses are available in a "G" series made of stainless steel and glass to replace the ceramic fuses. These "G" series are the correct length, have the correct "pointed" ends and are available in various amperages. They never corrode or tarnish and may be more readily available from your local hardware store or NAPA. See the photo below."

It might also be helpful to find out exactly what amps are being pulled with an ampmeter.

In my pic note that the actual fuse bracket/termials are buggerd and need to be cleaned up. Note that the strip part of the fuse is in good condition but the nose of the fuse is not.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuses-pointed-fuses-7004575_fuses.jpg   Fuses-bad-window-fuse-end-gone-dec-15.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel911; 08-03-2016 at 01:31 PM.