View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Renaissances Dude

I am going to be serious as a heart attack about the rehab, the proper pace, etc.

Part of what brought me here has been not allowing sufficient time for healing for various injuries.

I did fill my prescription for Percocet but only for 30 tablets instead of the 60 I could've got. Mainly I'm using it to go to sleep. But I hear you on that advice regarding pain meds. Pain is our friend here.

I'm determined to play very close attention to my surroundings. I am moving any and all clutter out of the way immediately. A bad fall would be a disaster. Heck, I might be a better person after this if I keep those habits. And I don't want to bump my elbow on a doorway again. That hurt and sorta freaked me out. My concern is that a sudden jolt on the stitches could pull something loose, even without much range of movement.

I read an account of a guy online who instinctively reached to catch his cell phone when it was slipping off a nightstand. I forget if he had the sling on or not. He said that it pulled the stitches out. A few hours ago I dropped a small item in the kitchen and made a slight reach to catch it with my right arm. I could feel some pull in all the wrong spots. I don't think I hurt it with that one but whoa, I've got to wean that out of my brain here for a while.

Thanks for the quick responses. I really want this to work.