Thread: I'm bewildered
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuke View Post
I posted its an 85 300sd 617 motor. I had all the wires unhooked even at the junction box but Im pretty sure I got them all back in the right spot. Car turns over good. Everytime I plug the glow plug harness in there is no juice to plugs I have to wiggle the plug that has the 4 wires in it I thinkit goes to the junction box on passenger side fenderwell I hear a click and I have power coming off the 5 prongs out of g.p. box but the minute I plug the g.p.'s in no power to the plugs kind of like something trips then when I wiggle the 4 wire small plug seems like it resets.
This is on a W123 and the square Connector on the Glow Plug Relay

I don't know if the colors of the wires re the same on the 4 socket connector.

1) rd/bk (Black) ignition switch (Voltage goes thorugh this to turn on the Glow Plug Relay, if you cut the Wire and wired a push button Switch to it and your GP realy is still good you could use the button Switch to turn the Glow Plugs on and retain the feature that tuns the Glow Plugs on while the Engine is cranking bay way of the Purple Wire on a W123. I also believe the Glow Plug Light would still work if you do this.)

2) vi (Violet/Purple) On turbo models goes to a Wire Terminal/Junction block and mates with a White Wire coming up from the Starter Solenoid. When you Crank the Starter + Voltages goes through the White Wire to the Violet one and turns the Glow Plug Relay On. (You could disconnect this wire at the Terminal Block or the small Terminal at the Starter Solenoid and wire it to a push button Switch.)

3) blu/wt (Blue with white strip)glow indicator Light

4) br (Brown)ground