View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFreeh View Post
Haven't driven a GLC but I recently drove a W205 sedan and was favorably impressed. You can really feel the reduced weight of the aluminum based chassis on the newer car and it felt a bit more lively than my current W204 based GLK.

I still can't believe how Mercedes chose to 'integrate' the display panel on the W205, it just looks absolutely absurd to me. Almost like the designers got through the design process on the interior and as the design team is on the way out the door some says 'Hey!!! we forgot to design a space for the main display screen!!!'

So the team comes back into the room and decides to crazy glue an I-pod on the middle of the dash. The rest of the car screams elegance and beauty and the I-pod screens screams afterthought to me - every time I see a W205 interior I almost start to laugh.

The first poster compares the diesel GLK 250hp against the GAS GLC's 241 hp. The base gas powered GLK, at least in the USA, came with the M272 V6 which in later versions is more like a 300hp specimen. The GLC gas vs gas comparison with the GLK is more like a 60Hp loss for the GLC. No diesel option currently exists for the GLC in the USA.

I've owned a 2013 W204 GLK for 3 years now and I'm totally happy with it, great car that I plan to keep for a long time.

The iPad on the dash is what is keeping my wife from getting a new Mercedes. I love the exterior on the new ones but that interior... Most likely will get her a Honda Pilot when its time to replace the CR-V.