View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinthesun View Post
In interest to the 617 and the trannies that keeping them chugging down the open roads I would like to build an interest on how to DIY everything on these transmissions up to a point.Im right at the moment looking to open up a bench unit 722.3 and use it as my own personal tutorial on its gaining a new life possible without a full rebuild.The Parts or kits that Ill be looking to install new are the k1 ,k2 springs,b2 piston ,clean valve body ,replace seals and gaskets,vacuum modulater, bowden cable , filter and fluid and to test pressure and setup of shifting . Any add ons that should be considered?This project I might give to my Indie Mechanic and take pics during the freshening up , a list for his approval, an advisory overview for those willing to tackle this as DIY thena follow chart with dos and donts.The real issue after all is that these trannies are subject to vacuum controlled functions and over time they will need to be addressed .The purpose Im suggesting is a quick look at the whole subject of trannie performance and the items to gain its orig. ability .

If you decide to do this, please consider sending them to us through the below link. We will evaluate the DIY article and may publish it on our site with a credit and 10% off.

DIY PROJECT EXPERT SUBMISSIONS

-Dmitry