View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogviler View Post
The only reason China always gets a bad rap is because of the big businesses between them and us that demands it be made more cheaply so they can sell it to us for more profit. So I care not about the country of origin, only what quality was demanded of them by the company selling it to me.

I'm just old enough to remember the period of time when stuff made in China was great quality, while "Made in USA" meant utter crap, because of the difference in cost to make it. Now it's anybody's game but you'll pay for it if it's any good.

-Rog
I'm not old enough to remember that period but I have some stuff from back in the day and now that demonstrates that. I have a few tool sets, one was a set of sockets and a ratchet plus a set of wrenches that are stamped "Made in USA", one even puts it on the packaging as a selling point. The MSRP of these tools wasn't cheap for back in the day but I have yet to see crappier tools. These were my great-uncle's, half of the sockets were split, the ratchet was broken, and the wrenches looked to have been used once then never touched again because the metal is so thin that they will spread under anything more than finger torque. Also my newer Craftsmen wrench set came with Chinese made box end wrenches which have been great while the US made ignition wrenches look like crap (I haven't used them yet though).

My main concerns with these mounts is that usually when I order Lemforder engine mounts (of the hydraulic variety), they are Boge, and that was what was pictured when I bought them though that could have just been the stock photo used for all Lemforder hydraulic mounts. Also, these have no markings and the finish isn't that great. Otherwise, the rubber isn't gummy soft like the ones I pulled from the car.