View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 12:02 AM
Master hull craftsman

I didnt get to weld thgat repair framerail piece yet. i got it fitted pretty well just needs a couple touches with the grinder. I am waiting for the sheetmetal i have at home to be there and fitted to figure out the best order to weld the donor cut out and fabricated piece in place. Then i have to spray some por15 or at least some rustoleum in there to try and keep rot at bay. I got a bunch of rot out, but to get it all would be opening up the whole rear rocker/frame section like a can.
I did swap all the brake components from a '77(ithink) 450 sl i got for a case of pumpkin ale. It is mostly stripped but was driving a year ago so its better than what was on it. Three of four calipers are nice but ones got a torn boot that needs to be replaced. Pads were all brand new looking. The rotors came up nice with a stringer bead wire wheel on the grinder. I let them spin on the hub while i went at them and it came up to a almost machined looking finish, but they were not pitted bad. The hoses are decent looking and im gonna put them on for now but they will get changed to stainless before its on a track. The subframe is completed and about ready to go back in. Im trying to decide if im going to cut the spings or not now since the fronts are a pain to get at and i dom't want it nose high. I have to order a center bearing but the two slc shaft halves fit together fine. Center bearing, shifter swap(reverse arm is bad on the one in it) and reassemble the fuel system and its about ready for dougnuts!

Last edited by rwd4evr; 12-21-2016 at 04:18 AM.