View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:55 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan8448 View Post
The car started! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nVPBeHRAp4

Thank you Junkyarddawg for asking me to go under and double check my work.

So I ended up going under the car and rechecking my work at least with the plug housing thing. It all looked pretty good on the outside, but when I took the plug out of the housing the contacts were all doused with transmission fluid. I ended up plugging it back in temporarily until I get yet another new housing thing and the car started right up in neutral, I was able to get it to start again in park afterwards. All in all it seems like roughly 8/10 starts start fine. I did get a couple partial cranks again though. I have no idea how fluid got on the inside of the plug, the only thing I can think of is the parts I used may not have been genuine (purchased on ebay) and did not seal properly. Even with the fluid on the contacts though, I don't know why the car would not start rather then just go back into limp mode like it was prior to all this work.

Oh well, I guess first up now is purchasing an actual genuine mercedes replacement plug housing thing. I might get a new conductor plate too since the ebay parts definitely seem to be faulty. Does anyone know of a good place to buy that won't break the bank?

Thanks again for all the help! This has taken forever getting it started again, but hopefully the cause of the problem is actually known and fixable now.
Im really glad you got it going, I knew you would.
If most people would put the same effort you did on this one there would be way more positive outcomes. Thanks to youtube and other such technologies, remote assistance is just a click away.
As for the conductor plate and the guide sleeve, I think you can get good parts through Transstar industries. Theyre a supplier for rebuild shops and the parts are usually great quality.
Happy motoring....