View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 PM

Older Benz owners - I found a great and inexpensive way of curing window seal leaks

Hey folks,

I wanted to share a method of solving those annoying window seal leaks without breaking the bank and having to buy new seals. Personally, I can't afford to spend a ton of money on buying all new seals for my W123 wagon, so I was looking for ways of aiding the life of my window seals.

I found the answer with "Aquaseal".

It's actually a product used for fixing holes in wetsuits! But it works perfectly. It's a little tube (cost me $9CAD from Mountain Equipment Coop in Canada - I'm sure US users you'll be able to find it easily. Perhaps REI?), and is quite easily to fix cracks in the seals.

The cured product is solid but flexible - and of course waterproof. I took my W123 through the local car wash to test it out - no more getting wet for me. I'm pretty happy to say the least!

I cut a thin, flat piece of plastic and then used a couple of hair clips to create a "mould" for the sealant to work its way into without draining too far. Worked a treat and took a few minutes.

Anyway, just wanted to share that. If you're having window leaks and don't want to spend too much I'd suggest trying it out