View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Master cylinder kits?

Years ago they used to sell the master cylinder kits part # 002 586 22 43 on ebay for 9.95. Fits all 123 models and perhaps more. Then they stopped ending for supposed liability issues. I always wanted to have a couple of additional ones on hand. Unfortunatly I did not order them as well then. They were a high quality kit as well impressively packaged for long term shelf storage.

I used it as I felt the rubbers where getting very old in my master cylinder. It was still working normally. If the bores where clean I saw no reason not to. Very easy to do as well. They came with an installation device as the bore is a two step one. Anyone seen any for sale anyplace in the last while?

I stumbled across the original invoice dated 2003. I am going to attempt to contact that supplier. They where or hopefully still are an antique and surplus parts place. Specializing in Mercedes at that time.

I also checked on their yearly sales volume. Small enough to indicate they never sold that much overall. I will ask them for a list of what parts they have as I noticed on the invoice they were pretty well organized with part numbers etc. The owner appears to have been around 60 in 2003 so it may be non productive. On the other hand he might just be quietly sitting on the parts inventory. I will post what I find out on this thread.

I guess my primary reason for this thread is if anyone knows of another possible source? I know the firms that rebuild master cylinders would have them. Not practical for me to access them. Plus they may not resell. I would like to keep at least one kit on the shelf.

Have times changed fedex ground was 9.50 to eastern Canada from Georgia for Repco deluxe D143D brake pads, Also 9.95 a set. New style diesel primer pump, and the master cylinder brake kit in that order.

Last edited by barry12345; 02-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.