View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Master hull craftsman

The 240 and 300d diesel and early single cam 6 cylinder engines share the same rear trans adapter plate so all the transmissions will bolt up. Ratios are different in some though. You need a neutral balance flywheel from a m110 or m130 2.8 litre. I know 2.2 and 2.3 are balanced individually with the crank. Not certain about the 2.5 motor. I remember reading somewhere that you can use the diesel flywheel on a gas engine but I have doubts about that. The shifters are pretty universal through the years and your car should have the spot on the floor to bolt it to. You will have to fine w108 floor shift rods(good luck) or just modify some from another chassis, plus pedals. I am looking for some w108 clutch pedals also to see if I can duplicate them also. W111 late model v8 coupe (unobtainium) may work also but w111/110 sedans with the 4 and 6 cylinder are not the same at all.