View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:39 PM

Thanks JayBob for the links. The interior removal looks easy and painless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92 View Post
I have some pictures in my rust repair thread. I didn't remove the dash though.

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/restoration-projects-long-term-builds/369456-my-ongoing-300te-project.html
It doesn't look like it's bad once I gut both of the cars. Do any of the harnesses run through the firewall to the motor that you know of? And the harnesses in the pic on the floor, they go hidden behind that steel. Do you know how far they run? That looks like a headache! I'm not sure just because I've never done this and feel like I'm making it a big deal when it's probably cake work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W. View Post
If it were me I think I'd try drying the car out before I'd go to that much work. I know that when I had a leak in the LR wheel well of my '95 diesel, I had gallons of water come in and flood the floor pan in the drivers footwell and rear seat footwell to where my carpets were awash. I had this happen a few times before I found the leak when I got caught in downpours and had to continue. I dried the car out and everything worked OK. Admittedly this was flooding from "below" rather than above, so I do understand your situation is different, but seems to me it would be worth a try...

Rgds,
Chris W.
ex 95 E300D, 467K
I bought the car off of a forum member who got the car after it was already soaked and growing mold/mildew. The guy he bought it from loaned it to his nephew to drive to a concert and left the windows and sunroof open after going out partying in the city and the interior and wiring was soaked but could have been saved if someone took it out and dried it. Sadly, too late I believe. It hasn't seen the streets since 2012.
2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 220k