View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxfrank View Post
Are you measuring at the right point? Replacing the alternator or regulator will do exactly nothing if you have zero volts at D+. And it's impossible not to read battery voltage at B+. If these readings are correct, they your alternator harness is toast.
I took the alternator in and had them put it on the tester. I used the original Voltage reg and a brand new one I ordered. Both gave same reading. the older one looked great, so I'm doubting there was any issue with it, and I believe I replaced it not to many miles ago.

Still, I don't see how a low voltage on the alt would stop car from having battery light etc on dash with key turned on. The only light I'm getting it the glow relay. I also don't see how it would affect the tach.

So I'm thinking that even with a new alt there is a problem with the eds. I'll see if this gets the car charging, then move onto the eds. While I was in there anyways I went ahead and remove the radiator and fan, and replaced the belt tensioner, shock and pulley. (been making a racket for some time and at least its done.