View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolli View Post
As others have already said, battery, and this is the clue. The cause is letting the battery sit uncharged for a couple of months. Lead acid batteries don't like that.
No no. The car sat for a year and a half with another battery. I put a new one in it (which is the one we are suspecting that is bad) when I rebuilt the car 2 months ago. It ran well and started all the time from that time until now. I didnt drive the car much because it wasn't aligned and I had issues with the brakes. I only drove it to pick up my mail and do stuff like that, maybe once every 2-3 days. It didn't sit uncharged for 2 months. The car started to act up this week when I picked it up from the shop. It started by itself (weak start, but it still started) the morning I drove it to the shop.

Also, I went to test the battery today. They read about 11.7 volts on it (same as yesterday) and only 28 amps?! I'm still in the dark because this seems to be a bad battery, but it is low on charge and the alternator was only outputting 13.1 V.

Also, is a 80A alternator from a 2.6 bolt-in replacement for the 70A in my 2.3?