View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 02:02 PM

I don't have a tach so I dont know. The RPM varies somewhat anyway, as to when this happens.

Yes the linkage is in perfect shape and nothing looks out of place or different. There is also no change in the feel of the physical throttle position when the power surge happens.

I don't see how the ALDA could be at fault since I have adjusted it all the way out, and in, and everything in between and this issue still occurs to some degree either way, although when in all the way it basically had no power at all. Right now the screw is removed completely and the issue still happens. Should I just take it off to test it more, or is there any difference compared to removing the screw completely?

Yes the boost is low, peaking at about 5, but only until the issue occurs then it jumps to 10 or so pretty fast as fuel starts to flow but I don't think this can have anything to do with the turbo itself as it feels like its just having to wait until there's fuel flowing/more exhaust, before it can boost up. I have read a lot of posts from guys who don't get more than 10 or 11. Regardless, I don't see that as being an issue right now as this lack of power issue has more to do with basic power needs further down the line.

Thanks diesel300 but I've dealt with just about everything having to do with the injection pump (externally) over time and am used to checking the typical problem areas. As stated, I already put new lines in and checked the turbo, checked the ALDA line and bolt, etc.. and there is no trap. There is no air in the lines that I could see although I can't see it under the conditions when it happens anyway. It doesn't make much sense that it has anything to do with air leaking in anyway due to how repeatable this problem is.

The power gain is also almost instant so this is something happening almost like a switch is being thrown.

Is there some theoretical way the injection pump could cause this internally? I feel like I've eliminated everything else that a do-it-yourself guy can do. Taking it to a Bosch center is a last resort but I can't afford that anyway.