View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 06:54 PM

W123 rear muffler NLA?

Called my local dealership to get a replacement rear muffler after finding a gaping hole in mine because the cost of a new muffler would run as much as trying to weld up a super rusted old one - parts guy said he would give me the part number but that they were NLA and I’d have to buy aftermarket. He gave a few recs on places that might have new old stock and advised to only buy from places that had a phone number - call the place, ask the person if their computer was displaying a drawing or an actual picture - said if it was an actual picture to buy it, and if it was eberspacher to buy it ASAP.

Found an eberspacher for $125 free two day shipping from new-part.com and the thing is a monster! It’s got to be the thickest sheet metal I’ve ever found on any car part, weighed 20 lbs shipped....I’m still not convinced the inner body isn’t filled with something....

The shipping packaging was.....interesting. Tail pipe itself got a real nice ding in it I’ll have to heat up and bend back but appears largely unscathed other than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk