Thread: Medicare
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Renaissances Dude

Medicare

Well, it's happened y'all. I've turned 65, well, 66 a few weeks ago. I haven't hardly dipped into Medicare yet beyond making the payments. I've had one brief visit so far. But now I may need knee surgery. Not sure but I think I should get an MRI and have it looked at.

I spent way too much time on my knees recently knocking a job out that had a deadline. I felt the pain, the weariness, but hey, I'm a tough guy, right?

The next morning had swelling and pain in the right knee. Best I could find on the web, it was bursitis. My one doctor visit that I mentioned was to my previous clinic, she agreed that's what it was, said to keep icing and elevating it. This was 3 weeks and a few days ago. But I'm feeling something loose in there and occasional sharp pain. I definitely do not walk as well as I did. I know from my shoulder operation (rotator cuff) in Aug '16 that if you wait too long the chances of success go down - scar tissue.

My question, I'm considering going with the Kaiser Permanente plan. They have a large center about 2 miles from my place. I think it will be $105 a month, and I'll have to pay the medicare fee also, right?

But damn, there is so much I don't know. Trying to find out which is the best route for sports medicine action.