Thread: Medicare
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:47 PM

A little late in coming in here.. When I signed up I had an insurance guy walk me through the supplemental ins. basics. Plan F seemed the best for me at the time. I still have it through United of Omaha. I think it started at 180.00 +/- per month and is now up to 228.00 a month. The plan is pricey, but in the Medicare network I haven't paid any out of pocket costs. I believe the AARP favored policy, last time I checked a couple of years ago was about 20.00 per month more. Each lettered plan has different options with different cost, naturally. To each his own. Each separate plan must offer uniform coverage & options. Only the premium cost differs.

My Part D co insurer is Well care. 37.00 a month. My RX out of pocket run from 2.50 to 8.00 to 10.00 ( all generic cardio mostly) per refill. When choosing this coverage, make sure the coverage you select offers your medicines in their formulary (covered brand name drugs)

I'm going in for a hip replacement in 4 weeks with an overnight stay and I don't expect to incur much if any out of pocket or co-pays. I hope.