View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixto View Post
Agreed. That’s probably why California directed my ‘91 300SE to gross polluter smog stations even if it never failed a test. The M103 is a frustrating beast to tune when the fuel system starts to wear.

Sixto
98 E320s sedan and wagon
02 C320 wagon
The BAR has identified the M103 as "high emitter profile" and they have to be tested at "test only" stations.

You can get much better passing margins by plugging the vacuum advance line and shorting the R16/1 resistor socket... more info in threads started by me a few years ago... easy search.

BTW, the DMV finally "fixed" the computer program so that '76-up Historical Vehicle plates have to be tested. Oh well, the "exemption" was great while it lasted.

I just had my '88 190E 2.6 tested for the first time in four years, and it passed with good margin. SEMA/SAN is aware of this and will work toward getting all HV licenses vehicles exempted. AB 210 was introduced last month and amended this month to increase the model year exemption from '75 to '83, but given the current extreme left wing super majority in both the Assemble and Senate...

More info at the following link:

Bill Text - AB-210 Smog check: exemption.

Also, it's my understanding that Friday, Feb. 22 is the last day that legislation can be submitted to be considered this year.

Duke