View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 11:20 AM

closing assist

Gilly is correct, sometimes it is possible to re-sync the pump by pulling the fuse. This will either fix it, or it will come back, mine would only last a month or so. At one time I entertained putting in a switch to reset it in line with the fuse, it was a bad idea.
There are two pumps located in the vehicle, one controls the pull-in of the doors and trunk/and handle, and is located above the rear wheel next to the gas tank. if you have a CD you have to remove it to get the liner out. This pump creates vacum to pull in/ and does it untill it sees an output from the microswitch, I think it also provides pressure to reset the pull in actuator. If it does not it will time out!
I saw a post somewhere where the person actually noticed the door pull in and then relax slightly after the latch closed. The other pump is located under the passenger rear seat, and controls lock/unlock of the doors, gas door, lumbar, on some model the hearests, lumbar support, and provides vacum for the climate control system if needed. The locking pump also provides pressure and vacum depending on the function.
Before replacing the pumps check the actuators to see if they handle pressure or vacum without leak down. The closing pump has given more trouble than the lock/unlock and is a little pricey $600 the other about $500.
There was a dealer bulletin to move the handle portion to the lock unlock pump, as previous posts noted, they did it after the second pump failed.
I hope this helps