View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 01:53 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Especially the 504 coupe and cabriolet, designed by Pininfarina. In my humble opinion one of the most beautiful cars ever made.
My dad had a 505 diesel sedan in the mid 80s, I think he bought it with under 100k. He had been a diesel mechanic is his early 20s, he told be the car was just broke in.

He and I did a trip from OlyWA to San Diego and back in it. We spent a couple weeks at a nutrition spa. Great time. Car ran great. He never shared with me why he sold it, got rid of it, whatever. I saw him put in new injectors once. Not sure what else he did on it.

In '89 I came into the ownership of a '70 Volvo 122S station wagon. Neat car, ran pretty good but the seats were shot. Just in tatters, some of the springs about to pop out. I was looking for seats at a wrecking yard - no Volvo seats but I found some in excellent shape in a Pugeot, a 504 or a 505, not sure.

They were a bit wider than my Volvo seats but I calculated that I could fit them in. Not sure how I attached them to the Volvo runners but I did. Holy crap, that was the most happening 122S in Seattle. What a ride. I told a Pugeot owning pal that the seats were the best thing about the car.