View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_bob View Post
Get the BlueDEF at WalMart or Sam's club, its about low teen$ for the 5 gallon jug....
Couple of months ago I was on a long trip in my GLK250 and the 'ad-blue' low light came on. I had done an oil change a month before and totally forgotten to check the ad-blue level, I couldn't remember the last time I had added ad-blue but it had to be at least 12-15K miles ago?

Anyways at the next exit there was a truck stop and I needed a coffee refill so I decided to stop and get a coffee and a couple of gallons of ad-blue.

The truck stop actually had a pump dispenser for ad-blue, worked just like a regular fuel pump. I rolled on over, put in my credit card and directly added 5.2 gallons of ad-blue into the DEF tank. Took about 2 minutes to remove the crap and access the tank but it was really neat and painless way to refill. I think it was $2 a gallon or something like that?

If you live near a DEF dispensing pump you can't beat this method for cost and convenience.

People seem to be really down on the ad-blue systems, I've had zero issues other than having to re-fill it every 10K miles or so.
16 C300 (62K)
82 300GD Gelaendewagen (54K)